Who We Are:
Since 1986, MindPlay has been committed to developing educational software to make learning accessible to everyone. With every passing year, that commitment has only grown stronger. We continue to pave the way, transforming learning through cutting-edge, adaptive technology that creates individualized learning solutions for everyone.
MindPlay recently aligned with Private Equity partner to accelerate growth and take the organization to a new level. The Senior Accountant role is critical to the development of the organization.
We are looking for a driven Senior Accountant that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives. This is a hands-on role handling the month-end close with the proven financial experience to take ownership of those functions. The role reports to the CFO and will initially be at the Senior Accountant level with the expectation of growing into a Controller role.
- Oversee operations of the accounting operations, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of transparent, accurate, and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results to CFO, including financial statements, pro forma adjustments, relevant analysis, and explanations.
- Provide leadership to attain a 5-day monthly close process as the company continues to to acquire and integrate acquisitions.
- Assist in the ongoing implementation of Sage Intacct accounting system and establishment of corresponding processes.
- Serve as an agent of change for system improvements and technology automation.
- Analyze costs, pricing, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Partner with CFO on the budgeting process.
- Act as a point of contact for external auditors and ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
· Understanding of and ability to adhere to and implement GAAP standards and SOX controls.
· Experience with integrated financial systems, including ERPs, billing & AR, payroll, purchasing, payables, and financial planning & reporting system.
· Sage Intacct experience, preferred.
· External financial statement audit.
· Entrepreneurial and detail-oriented individual that thrives in a fast-moving environment.
· Successful track record of setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision-making.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
· Three to five years of accounting experience required.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.