Virtual Reading Coach assesses reading abilities with MindPlay’s Universal Screener, develops an individualized syllabus for every student, and provides differentiated instruction and mastery-based activities.
Diagnostic assessments, progress monitoring results, and student performance determine lesson assignments. The program first develops proficiency in phonological awareness and phonics skills, as needed. Students are then also assigned lessons in vocabulary, grammar, silent reading fluency and comprehension. Improvement in comprehension and fluency are simultaneous goals.
Comprehensive instructional components include:
• assessment via MindPlay’s Universal Screener program
• phonemic awareness
• grammar for meaning
• comprehension strategies
• silent reading fluency
Interactive activities help students stay focused and accelerate progress, while working at their own pace to achieve 100% mastery.
Students benefit from:
• direct, explicit and systematic instruction
• tiered instruction and remediation
• virtual reading specialists and speech pathologists
• self-paced and mastery-based learning and achievement
• immediate and specific feedback.
• individualized lesson assignments
• intensive instruction
• rapid advancement in vocabulary and comprehension for accelerated students
• practice in English language structure and usage for second language learners
• levels of instruction appropriate for teen and adult learners
Teachers benefit from:
• individualized reading instruction for every student
• a teacher-friendly tool that is adaptive and automated
• real-time data on student progress and goals
• class and student-level reporting that facilitates implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI), Multi-Tiered Systems of Instruction (MTSS) and Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
The all-inclusive reporting module offers:
• opportunity for students to self-monitor results
• real-time reports and student data
• district, school, class, and individual student reports of usage, progress, and achievement
• automated baseline, benchmark, and diagnostic assessments
• automated progress monitoring